PA (Physician Assistant)
Ellsworth Healthcare Staffing is currently looking for experienced Physician Assistants to fill openings in the Metro Atlanta, GA area. Interested candidates should preferably have 1 – 2 years of experience.
Responsibilities of the PA
- Deliver primary care, acute and chronic care to patients, including emergency care to achieve, maintain and restore optimal functioning of the patient.
- Engage in health assessments, diagnosis, and treatment of frequently occurring types of illnesses and other medical problems and is responsible for clinical management of those cases which fall within the scope of authority.
- Obtain patient health history, develop a problem list, and develop and implement a treatment plan. Offer counseling and education to meet patient needs.
- Perform physical examinations on patients; order, perform and evaluate basic laboratory procedures and diagnostic tests.
- Prescribe drugs according to licensed prescriptive authority, dispense supplies and prescribe other treatments (e.g., physical therapy) to aid in the management for acute and chronic health problems.
- Refer patients to external agencies or specialist practices for diagnostic evaluation or treatment as appropriate.
- Establish a collaborative relationship with other members of the patient care team; i.e., Health Education, Pharmacy, Behavioral Health to provide health education and counseling for a variety of patient conditions.
- Document patient care thoroughly and in a timely manner (record keeping shall be in accordance with medical records protocol).
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulation; and company’s policies and procedures,
PA Job Requirements
- Valid Physician Assistant License – State of Georgia
- Degree from a recognized university, affiliated with a medical school
- 1 – 2 years of experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassionate and attention to details
|Job Category||NP - Nurse Practitioner, PA - Physician Assistant|