Essential Job Functions
- Meets the patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining treatment plans in consultation with physicians, and by prescription. Helps patients accomplish treatment plan and secures necessary supplies and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
- Administers therapy statements according to a treatment plan approved by the attending physician. Directs treatments given by aides and assistants. Complies with company protocol for patient rounding.
- Evaluates effects of therapy treatments by observing, noting and evaluating patient’s progress; providing medically necessary treatment plan and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers and other health care workers; Participates in the Q & A process for rehab related issues.
- Manages the appropriate therapy minutes per RUGS category for patients
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing patient specific maintenance programs; instructing patients, families and/or caregivers in follow-up maintenance programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Accuracy in completion of MDS or OASIS items per workflow model
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines. Records daily treatment charges per corporate procedures. Maintains patient confidence and protects nursing home operations by keeping information confidential.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to facility infection control policies and protocols. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with facility and department procedures, rules and regulations. Complies with company protocol for denial management. Ensure appropriate daily billing of services.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Secures equipment, adaptive devices and supplies in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; and establishing personal networks.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Travel required as needed to perform job.
- Provides community based services such as health and wellness activities as required. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Complies with company requirements on the completion of outcome measures. Willingness to provide services in multiple sites as determined by patient/patient need. Maintain specified efficiency level as determined by supervisor.
– Graduate from an accredited program for Occupational Therapy
– Current license as a Occupational Therapist in the state of practice as required
– Must meet Clinical Competency requirements
– Must have and maintain current CPR certification
– Ability to travel as needed to perform job
– Capable of maintaining regular attendance
|Job Category||OT - Occupation Therapist|